Streaming - FAQ's
Our Custom Favorites list should be working now! If you have trouble, please hit the REFRESH button and that should bring it up. There is still a small glitch that we're working on, but the refresh always works, so be sure to try that when you get started. Hopefully we'll get this resolved soon! Apologies for the delay!
1) Distance Learning, what options do I have for my classroom? - I would like my students to have access to my HeidiSongs streaming account, is that possible? Yes, for teachers that teach online, we have reset our platform privileges to allow multiple sign-on access to a single streaming account. To do this, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll help you get setup. While it may be tempting to share your email & password with a student or parent, they will be able to login and then have access to your account information, which could disrupt your password and other features of your account, including cancellation! It's best to be safe and have us setup a a classroom account for your students to use, while you maintain a HeidiSongs streaming account!
2) Sharing Videos - There is a new “Share” button on our video interface, but it does not share videos or embed links like you might find on YouTube or Vimeo! This button is a feature of our host, UScreen, and actually does not work how any of us would like, but we are unable to turn it off or hide it! Currently, there is no way to share our videos without an active account to our HeidiSongs streaming platform. This is also the case if you are copying and pasting a URL link to Google Slides/Canvas/Seesaw/other teaching software, there is no way to share these videos without an active account. Instead, the URL link will open up our streaming site, https://heidisongs.uscreen.io/ and prompt them to log in.
3) Autoplay from one video to the next - This feature needs to be switched on if you'd like your videos to move from one song to the next automatically. We've had both positive and negative feedback on this feature, so this button option should meet everyone's needs!
4) Song Favorites - Feature currently disabled - As you browse and play the videos in any Song Catalog (for instance, “Sight Words - Alphabetical Order)… Check the "Favorite Video" box under any video being played and you'll see the name appear in a list, below the movie on the left. It will show the "Song Name", a "Play" icon, "Move-Up" icon, "Move-Down" icon, and "Delete" icon. As you browse and view other videos, keep checking the "Favorite Video" box and you’ll see them start to stack up under the main video screen (see example below). Move them up or down on the list or delete, as you choose, and these selections will remain in place every time you return to that set of songs! Unfortunately, our "Auto Play Favorite Video" option has been disabled by UScreen's base programming and we're unable to get that feature working again. You can still organize and play individual movies on your list, they just won't autoplay.
Another useful feature is the "Repeat" checkbox, which lets you repeat any video as it plays, until you uncheck or select another video.
5) Catalog Favorites - If you've rented a set of songs that you have trouble finding again, just highlight the little heart and it will sort to the top of your catalog page, to help you easily get back to the right set, every time you log in!
6) Compatibility issues - We occasionally hear of schools and school districts limiting or filtering general internet access, so be sure that check with your tech support to "whitelist' our site, "https://heidisongs.uscreen.io/". Additionally, we have heard that some brands of Smart Boards have issues with their "touch compatible" software, so be sure to test all your board's features during your free 30-day trial.
If you have any questions or need help with anything, please email us at email@example.com, or call us M-F from 8:00-3:00pm PST at 909-331-2090. (Our office hours are currently limited and change during Summer months)